One of the very first steps in starting a garden is to pick up the necessary garden supplies! This can be a few things, or quite a few things, depending on what you are looking to achieve. Gardening is a long process that takes time to figure out what you want your garden to look like! After you have figured it out, getting there is more than half the fun.
Here are some basic supplies that can get your garden growing:
- Seeds – things like seed starting kits, soil mixes for seeds and even mature plants are a great place to start when thinking about forming a garden
- Flower or vegetable gardening? Or perhaps both? Things you need to think about here is purchasing flowers, flower supporters, fertilizers and soil. There is also fertilizers that are made specifically for flowers and some for fruits and vegetables.
- Pots and Planters – you have a variety of options to choose from! Pots, planters, window boxes, hanging planters and so much more are available for purchase.
- Yard & Landscaping supplies – such as edging and mulch, fences, trellises, and lawn care supplies
- Composting – composters, worm bins, and accessories.
- Garden Tools – this one is very important! You need things like: garden carts, labor-saving tools, planting and weeding tools, pruners and loppers.
- Watering – you have to make sure your plants and flowers get plenty of water! Things likes hoses, watering cans and rain barrels are a great start to a garden.
After a few supplies and a lot of love, your garden will be growing in no time!